Posted 17 years ago by Paul Stringer
Version: 4.0.0246
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to add old fashioned ASP style tags within a .NET code editor window (or other similar functionality) ?...

Like : -

"<% some code or text %>"

and also be able to do something like (Classic ASP way): -

"<% some text%>=dotNetVariable<% some other text %>"

I would need to be able to decided which open & close tags are appropriate for VB and which are appropriate for C#. It would also be good to treat it as a special "block" that I can apply custom foreground & background colours to.

I really do hope this is possible and would LOVE an example of how to acheive this...

This might be a fairly challenging thing to achieve/get right with a 15-day trial version so any help would be appreciated and influence our decision to purchase the product.

This may sound a bit strange & dated, but the application were building needs something like this as a feature and we're sure its the best way to go.

Many thanks - Paul.

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Paul,

You can do language merging like that with dynamic languages. There are some samples in the sample project.

But the .NET Languages Add-on does not currently support parsing properly when merged with other languages.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.