What is AddExternalReferenceForMSCorLib ?

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Edward
Version: 4.0.0246
Hi,

Could you tell me the difference there is between:
DotNetProjectResolver.AddExternalReferenceForSystemAssembly(string);
DotNetProjectResolver.AddExternalReference(string);
I couldn't find a full explanation of these behaviours in the SyntaxEditor documentation.
Is it about where the component will look for the specified assemblies accordingly to the version of the CLR?

Also I expected AddExternalReferenceForMSCorLib() to add the MSCorLib.dll to the resolver for the code completion but I found that it didn't work as expected: it does not show basic types in the completion like "IntPtr" or so.

Regards,

Edward

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The one for MSCorLib is a quick way to load the system's MSCorLib library. The AddExternalReferenceForSystemAssembly one lets you load a system assembly located in the GAC without needing to specify a path (so just like "System" is passed as a param). The AddExternalReference is used in all other cases where you pass a path ro explicit reference to an assembly.

For your other question make sure you include a "using System;" at the top of your code or else you are not importing those classes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.