Dynamic language with semantic parser

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Davide Icardi
Version: 4.0.0246
Hi,

It is possible to create a dynamic language and extend it to support a semantic parser generated with the parser generator?

My idea is to create an extended SQL language (with many advanced features: AST, ...) and if possible I want to start with the default SQL dynamic language and a custom semantic parser generated by me.

Another related question:
Do you have any plan to create a SQL language add-on (for SQL Server syntax)?
For you it is difficult to create my own implementation? (I'm new to syntax editor and if possible I will appreciate an approximate estimation)

Thanks very much

Davide

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes, if you note, our advanced XML add-on that has semantic parsing uses a dynamic language for lexical parsing. All you need to do is make sure each token has its own ID. But since dynamic languages really just control the lexical parser, whether you use them as your lexical parser or a programmatic one, it doesn't matter in the eyes of the semantic parser as long as you can pass it distinct token ID's.

SQL might be a language we add in the future however first we are focused on getting the XML one completed.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.