Case correction and variable pitch fonts

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Marianne
When using case correction and variable width (not fixed pitch) fonts the case correction doesn't update the rest of the line and it looks like characters are overlapping. To reproduce in the sample:

-Open Style Editor and change to Lucida Sans 11 point (larger is easier to see)
-Navigate to the Document object in the property grid and enable autocase correction
-Change language to VBScript (since c# is case sensitive and doesn't update case)
-Type this on a new line: rtrim("test")
-When you hit enter and the command becomes RTrim, you'll notice the 'm' character crashing into the (" characters

Can you change this behavior so that when case correction does modify characters that the spacing for the entire line is updated as well? Thanks!

------------------------------- Marianne

Comments (6)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Marianne,

I can duplicate this and will add it to the TODO list. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Marianne
I noticed that the latest release didn't include this item. Do you have an estimate as to when this item will be fixed?

------------------------------- Marianne

Hi Marianne,

It's fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Seth
I just downloaded 4.0.246 and the problem still appears to exist. Is there a property I need to set to enable the fix?
I see, you are right. We were previously testing by pressing the arrow key to move to a new line and we made a fix fo that scenario in the last maintenance release. But apprently it didn't help with when you press Enter or paste something with line feeds. I'll get this marked down to get those other scenarios working as well.

Actipro Software Support

This bug is now fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.