Provide for seamless automatic conversion between POD data types, when appropriate.

Charts for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by GaryM

One thing that I have found particularly annoying with the wpf charts, is that if you provide an unexpected data type (integer instead of double, for example), then the axis just wont draw.

Example:

<charts:BarSeries ItemsSource="{Binding TeamData}" XPath="Name" YPath="IterationsD" >

in the above bar series, the 'Iterations' is an integer value, but it would not render the bars. I had to Add a new property to return the value as doubles before the chart would work.  Maybe I could have written a converter, but that is besides the point.

I have seen similar behavior with 'StackKind', except that at least there it throws an exception giving some indication of why it's not working.

This behavior is not only unintuitive, but counter-productive.  

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gary,

Thanks for writing!  This is something we were aware of from another customer's post and have fixed it for the next maintenance release.  In that post, the customer wanted to use int-based data and it wouldn't render. 

I tried our updates with a stacking bar chart that used double data for one series and int data for the other series and it showed up well.  So I think your second issue will be resolved as well.  But when I reverted to the old code, I didn't see an exception that you mentioned.  If you want to supply us with some simple code we can test with, I can tell you the results with our changes and apply more fixes as needed.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.