New controls, like in Outlook 2013 and Dynamics

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Daniil Monin - Software Architect, Sovacode Software

Hello!

Do you have any plans to implement new navigation controls such as in Outlook 2013 and Dynamics? See screenshots below.

1. Outlook 2013

2, Dynamics CRM

Thanks! :)

Comments (3)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniil,

Thanks for the suggestions, we will mark them down.  Let me get some more information from you.

1) For this, would you envision just a new regular Selector sort of control that has "Peek" popup content on mouse over?  Or do you see this more as an alternate style for the existing NavigationBar control?

2) I haven't used Dynamics but the UI you show seems similar to what is seen in the Bing Travel Windows Store app's top app bar.  Is it the same concept as in that Bing Travel app?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Daniil Monin - Software Architect, Sovacode Software

Hello!

And thanks for respone!

About Outlook 2013 - I believe it's should be a new control: NavigationBar + Tab + Links Label + Peek popup and configuration. But if it will be like a new style for NavigationBar and if it will be work like in Outlook 2013 - well it's ok too. :)

About Dynamics - it's improvement Breadcrumb - Breadcrumb 2. You can find a lot of videos on Youtube with demonstration of behaviour. Maybe it's similar with Bing Travel Windows Store app's, but I haven't used this app :) If you need I can send to you a link to youtube videos (I do not want to post it right here, it's will be like a spam link)

Sorry for my delay to answer you!

P.S: congrats with new update WPF controls - they really rocks! That's why I asking you about new controls - do not use another vendor's controls.

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniil,

Any of the Windows 8 Bing apps have the same sort of general navigation UI in their top app bar, which is similar to what I can see of Dynamics.  See this screenshot for an example:

http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-00-71-22-metablogapi/4010.TopNavAppBar_5F00_262DD7D8.png

This is the WinRT NavBar control (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465453.aspx#n_section), which is currently only available for HTML/JS Windows 8 apps.  Do you agree that it is basically what you are looking for?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.