Customization of the Ribbon

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Justin Katz - Software Developer, Thermo Fisher Scientific
Version: 1.0.0320
I just gave the demo a try, and am very impressed by the features that have been implemented. I have a few questions about how flexible this is, as I intend to use this for a different style of application. I realize that some of these may not be possible due to Microsoft's licensing stipulations; please let me know if that is the case.

1. Change Tab location? It seems that I cannot change the tabs to be located on the bottom or anywhere else.

2. Multiple Ribbons? My application would need 2 (or 3) ribbons on the same UI. It seems to work, but see issue #3...

3. Remove the ApplicationButtonImage? If I don't want this, how can I remove the placeholder globe? This is for my second ribbon which has no need for it.

Regards,
Justin

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Justin,

Thanks for looking at Actipro Ribbon. Let me try and answer your questions.

1) In the MS requirements under "DISPLAYING TABS", they have:
7. Tabs MUST be displayed only on one row across the top of the Ribbon.
So unfortunately by putting tabs underneath the ribbon, it would be breaking the licensing stipulations.

2) Unfortunately I think this would be breaking the stipulations as well. Under "REQUIREMENTS FOR THE RIBBON", there are items like:
4. The Ribbon MUST be positioned at the top of the application window in a space that is dedicated to displaying the Ribbon.
as well as:
5. The Ribbon MUST NOT be displayed on either side of the application window or at the bottom of the application window.
So from those statements it appears they do not want to allow than one ribbon.

3) Sorry but again here they have in "DISPLAYING THE APPLICATION MENU":
1. The Application Button MUST be displayed in the upper-left corner of the application window.

Looks like we struck out on those requests since they all would invalidate the Microsoft license.

Maybe if you describe your UI design a bit more (we can do it over email if you'd rather not do it publicly), we can come up with a better way using one Ribbon to handle your situation.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.