I'm reopening this thread since we found a new way to reproduce this issue (the crash, not the not-maximized issue)
"System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot show Window when ShowActivated is false and WindowState is set to Maximized."
I can reproduce in every version, including the latest, in your sample.
- Open Actipro Software WPF Controls 0635
- Click on Docking/MDI
- Go in +33 more (in Samples)
- Click on "Layout Serialization"
- Drag the Solution Explorer outside the application, so it become a floating window
- Maximise it.
- Layout>Save Layout
- Layout>Load Layout
- Minimize the application (by clicking on the icon in the task bar for example)
- Click again on the icon in the task bar to restore it.
- Notice how the application crashes.
Basically, it happens when the Serializer is loading a layout with a maximized toolwindow. It doesn't crash in the first loading, but when we try to restore the application after being minimized.
It impacts our application currently in production.
If you have any quick fix before a new release, we would be very interested (our application in production is currently using the 633 version, and our latest in developement, almost in prod is using 634) We would like to hotfix it, while waiting for a more stable Actipro version.
Thanks a lot.
ps: The problem occurs on Win7 and Win10