A major new version of the Actipro WinRT controls is now available. This version introduces a new Editors product with unique control designs for accepting common forms of input such as dates, times, numbers, etc. Another major update is that this version adds Windows Phone 8.1 support for all Actipro WinRT controls via a new separate phone extension SDK. Micro Charts features a new segment chart, which is great for use on dashboards or as a progress indicator. Finally, a new Python language add-on is now available for SyntaxEditor with more updates like automated IntelliPrompt very coming soon. Other various small enhancements and bug fixes are included in this version as well.
Detailed Update List
- Fixed a bug introduced in a previous build where pointer-based labels might overlap in stacked collision mode.
- First product release.
- Added a new MicroSegmentChart control for use on dashboards, infographics, or as progress indicators.
- Updated MicroHeatMapPresenter to default to a white color when the RequestedTheme is dark.
- Added the IEditorViewScroller.ScrollIntoView method, which can ensure that a text position is visible within the view.
- Improved caret/selection movement around and delete/backspace of multi-byte characters.
- Improved backspace to move to the previous tab stop when auto-convert tabs to spaces is active and the caret is before the first non-whitespace character on the line.
- Improved HtmlContentProvider's handling of CSS font-family specifications to support quoted values and generic family names.
- Updated the ParseError class to auto-assign a default classification type based on the error level.
- Fixed a bug in the incremental automatic outlining update logic.
- Fixed a bug where the caret could be moved off the view when in single-line mode.
- Fixed a bug where changes to some highlighting styles might not immediately update the editor.
- Fixed a bug introduced in a previous build where macro XML might not deserialize properly in a certain scenario.
- Fixed a bug where an exception could occur when loading a SyntaxEditor that had a data binding to a document.
- Improved the programmatic lexers in the premium language add-ons to load quicker.
Python Language Add-on
- First product release.
Web Languages Add-on
- Updated the XML grammar to better handle when header/footer text that contains tags is set.
- Added the TransitioningContentPresenter control, which uses animated fade, slide, push, and zoom transitions when new content is set.
- Added the ContentTransitionPreview control, which demonstrates a content transition by continuously cycling two content items.
- Added the ParallaxConverter that can be used to create a parallax background scrolling effect.
- Added the BooleanNotConverter that can invert boolean values.
- Added a sample of the ParallaxConverter to the Value Converters sample.
- Made several minor performance enhancements to RingSlice.
- Improved the UniformGrid control to ensure that children are arranged on pixel boundaries for improved rendering clarity.
- Updated all source code to fit into a more universal model for Windows Phone support.
- Added a new Phone Sample Browser project that shows off the controls ported to Windows Phone.
About WinRT XAML Controls
All WinRT XAML control licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
You can purchase our WinRT XAML controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the WinRT XAML Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves 40% over purchasing all the controls individually. In addition, if you own a WinRT XAML Studio license, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new control products added to WinRT XAML Studio that come out within your year subscription period.
You can give all our latest WinRT XAML control products a spin if you have a Windows 8.1 PC or RT device. This page has a link to the Windows Store, from where you can install our Sample Browser app:
You can download an evaluation of all our WinRT XAML controls from this page:
If you own an older WinRT XAML controls version and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
Actipro Software Support