A major new version of the Actipro Silverlight controls is now available. This new version includes lots of updates to our various products and a brand new Python add-on for SyntaxEditor.
Detailed Update List
- Added six new built-in chart palette options and updated the Palette QuickStarts to demo them.
- Fixed a bug introduced in a previous build where pointer-based labels might overlap in stacked collision mode.
- Fixed a bug where series added at run-time to different axes may end up duplicating an axis display.
- Added a new MicroSegmentChart control for use on dashboards, infographics, or as progress indicators.
- Added a new demo and QuickStart showing off the new MicroSegmentChart control.
- Added a MicroTrendIndicator control, a three state control that reflects whether a numeric value is higher, the same as, or lower than an origin value.
- Added a new QuickStart showing off the new MicroTrendIndicator control.
- Added six new built-in chart palette options and updated the Palette QuickStart to demo them.
- Added quote auto-completion support to the DelimiterAutoCompleter class, with double quote completion enabled by default.
- Added the IEditorViewScroller.ScrollIntoView method, which can ensure that a text position is visible within the view.
- Improved caret/selection movement around and delete/backspace of multi-byte characters.
- Improved backspace to move to the previous tab stop when auto-convert tabs to spaces is active and the caret is before the first non-whitespace character on the line.
- Improved HtmlContentProvider's handling of CSS font-family specifications to support quoted values and generic family names.
- Updated the ParseError class to auto-assign a default classification type based on the error level.
- Fixed a bug in the incremental automatic outlining update logic.
- Fixed a bug where the caret could be moved off the view when in single-line mode.
- Fixed a bug where changes to some highlighting styles might not immediately update the editor.
- Fixed a bug introduced in a previous build where macro XML might not deserialize properly in a certain scenario.
- Fixed a bug where an exception could occur when loading a SyntaxEditor that had a data binding to a document.
- Fixed a bug where incremental search wouldn't work on read-only documents.
- Improved the programmatic lexers in the premium language add-ons to load quicker.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Added a new QuickStart showing how to provide C# IntelliPrompt within ASP.NET style server tags.
- Added quote auto-completion to the C# and VB languages.
- Improved the VB lexer to better handle argument attributes.
Python Language Add-on
- First product release.
- New add-on product demo added.
Web Languages Add-on
- Updated the XML grammar to better handle when header/footer text that contains tags is set.
- Added a Triangle shape, which can be used in UI such as breadcrumbs, tabs, etc.
- Added a new Shapes QuickStart.
- Added a Side enumeration, which specifies a single rectangle side.
- Made several minor performance enhancements to RingSlice.
About Silverlight Controls
Silverlight Studio Licensing
You can purchase our Silverlight controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the Silverlight Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves 30% over purchasing all the Silverlight controls individually.
Silverlight Studio Benefits
All Silverlight Studio licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
In addition, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new Silverlight control products added to Silverlight Studio that come out within your year period. Please note that SyntaxEditor language add-ons are sold separately, even though they are demoed in Silverlight Studio.
Wherever possible our Silverlight control products share codebases with the corresponding WPF and WinRT control products, making it easy to transition code between the platforms.
You can give all our latest Silverlight control products a spin right in your browser as long as you have Silverlight 5 installed. Just follow the steps on this page to see live demos:
Download an Evaluation
You can download an evaluation of all our Silverlight controls from this page:
Free Upgrades to 2014.2
If you own an older Silverlight controls version and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
Actipro Software Support