automatically filter the inteliprompt list

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Michael Dempsey - Sr. Developer, Teradata Corp

Are there any plans to add automatic filtering to the intelliprompt list to match what the user has already typed?

Visual Studio filters the list to match any item that Contains() the typed string.

Some other editors filter to match any item that StartsWith() the string.

Ideally adding a 3 way 'FilterList' option - Off, StartsWith, Contains - whould be great.

Failing that then just a plain On/Off option where 'On' performed one of the above filters would be good too.

A second feature that would be very useful is if you could pass a parameter to tell us what is causing the list to close in the OnSyntaxEditorIntelliPromptMemberListClosing() method.

I need to be able to differentiate between a double-click on a list item and pressing the Enter key. The code must be aware of why it is closing, but there is no way to ask the editor for this information.

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

While we don't have those features in the WinForms version, we do have them in the newer WPF SyntaxEditor.  In that version we designed a very nice framework where you can use several built-in item matcher algorithms such as those or even make custom ones.  We hope to bring those sorts of features to WinForms if we backport the object model from WPF.

For the OnSyntaxEditorIntelliPromptMemberListClosing method, that actually gets called in response to our popup getting hidden, which doesn't have that sort of information either (Enter vs. mouse double-click).  I would probably suggest that you pehaps look at the current key state for the Enter key and see if it's down.  I know WinForms doesn't expose this directly, but you could use a Windows API call to do that such as what is described in this thread:

http://tech.pro/tutorial/760/winforms-accessing-mouse-and-keyboard-state

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 26 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.