If the app can display Chinese?

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Yanyan Zhang
Version: 2.4.15

My system is win8.1 pro Chs.

I try every character encode in the list, but the app can't display Chinese in my C document right.

How can I solve it?

Comments (9)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

It should be able to show Chinese as long as the font you are using supports Chinese glyphs and the character encoding is able to be read.

I just did a test where I copied Chinese text to Notepad and saved it in UTF-8 format.  Then I opened that file in Code Writer and saw the Chinese characters ok.

Actipro Software Support

OK, I know where the problem is.

I need to change the font.

I had installed a lot fonts in my system, but the list in the app only has 9 fonts in it.

These all don't support Chinese.

How can I change it?

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The WinRT API that Microsoft provides us doesn't give us access to the list of fonts in the system, which has been very annoying to say the least since we would prefer to show all of the installed fonts on the system.

Can you list out the fonts that are preinstalled with Windows that you normally use?  Then maybe we can add those as options in the next version.

Actipro Software Support

OK

There are 3 Chinese fonts I normally use when coding.

sort by frequence:

微软雅黑>宋体>黑体  

In addition, as a coding app, I think it will be better if you can add these 10+1 fonts following in next vision.

10 fonts fo coding:

http://www.iplaysoft.com/top10-programming-fonts.html

and font combined with consolas and 微软雅黑:

http://zengrong.net/post/1230.htm

I also can send these fonts to your email if you need.

Do you happen to know the English names for the fonts you use that are installed with Windows 8?  I did a comparison of fixed width Visual Studio fonts and a list of fonts that get installed for Windows 8 and found that we could probably add these to our list:

BatangChe, DFKai-SB, DotomChe, FangSong, GulimChe, GungsuhChe, KaiTi, MingLiU, Miriam Fixed, MS Mincho, NSimSun, Rod, SimHei, Simplified Arabic Fixed, SimSun-ExtB

Would any of those work for you?

Actipro Software Support

微软雅黑:Microsoft YaHei

宋体:SimSun

黑体:SimHei

Those you found will be OK!

Thanks, we will add them to the next version for you.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by MacTavish Freeman

Hi, please addin "Microsoft YaHei Light" too

It's a new font with tons of improvments.

Hello, while we have "Microsoft YaHei" added for the next version, "Microsoft YaHei Light" is not on the list of fonts that get installed with Windows 8 (http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=164) so we can't add that.  Unfortunately we can't check for its existance either since per above, Microsoft doesn't give us any API to enumerate available fonts.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.