Keep crashing on my Windows 10 TP machine.

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 9 years ago by MacTavish Freeman
Version: 2.4.15

The app really had launched once... however it crashed then when I was quit browsing the help page.

Then the app is dead... Absolutely can't launch anymore. After the splash screen it gives me a crash instead of the homepage... oh I really miss the colorful homepage now...

I've searched the forum and found a guy seems to have same problem here: http://www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/22837/launch-problem

I've restarted my computer really hard for serveral times however it simply didn't work out. I even tried to reinstall the app.

I guess it's a problem caused by the Win10TP cause tons of RT Apps are crashing on this version, god knows what the Microsoft people are doing...

Wonder if there will be any help here! ;-)

Comments (2)

Posted 9 years ago by MacTavish Freeman

After crashing the window, the icon of Code Writer still remains on the task bar. Clicking on the icon will start the app again (and surely, crash it again). Odd.

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

For us, the Code Writer runs fine and we can use it in windowed mode without any problems.  I just tested it again here.

I'm sorry you are having trouble.  Unfortunately it just sounds like your scenario could be some sort of Windows 10 Tech Preview issue that we probably don't have control over.  I would suggest that you possibly provide feedback on the issues you see with our app and others to Microsoft with their Feedback app.  That way they can look into what is causing the crash.

You might also be able to use some of the info here to check the event log and see if anything stands out there:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2013/10/11/what-to-do-if-your-windows-8-modern-app-fails-to-start.aspx

We already have this URL (codewriter://reset-settings) that will reset the app's settings if you run it from Windows.  For the next version, we will also add (codewriter://close-all) that will close any open files.  Between those two calls, it should reset the app to it's default install state.  Although really, uninstalling and running (codewriter://reset-settings) should do the same in the current version.  I suggest these, just in case something did get corrupted during a file load.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.