Hide individual tabbed MDI when in Document state

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Miles Merckel
Version: 14.2.0610

Hi

I'm trying to hide a tabbed MDI when in documet state. Depending on the program status the tab and its window may or may not be visible.

I can hide the tab using Visibilty set to Collapsed but if I float the other tabs the contents of the tab I'm hiding is visible in its documet state.

Many Thanks

Miles

Comments (3)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Miles,

You cannot use normal Visibility properties with Docking/MDI.  Instead, you need to use methods like Close() and Open() to properly remove from and add back in a docking window to the layout.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Miles Merckel

Hi

Thanks for the reply, yeah I worked out the Visibility properties doesn't work the same as it does regular TabItems in a TabControl.

By setting AreDocumentWindowsDestroyedOnClose to false, using Close(), Open() and a bit of extra control logic to manage what documents I want to display/hide resolved my problem.

Many Thanks

Miles

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Miles,

Yes we need to be able to control the Visibility property ourselves so what you did is fine.  Note that you can also bind to the document's IsOpen property instead of doing Close() and Open().  That will effectively call those methods when it changes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.