Pinned auto-hidden tab erases enumerated fields?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Chris Carter
Version: 14.2.0610

I have enum fields in my auto-hidden ToolWindows. When...

1. ...I click a thumbtack which pins a group of ToolWindows, and...
  2. ...a member of that group contains an enum field, then...

...the field stops displaying any value and is outlined in red. Selecting an item causes it to calm down and resume its job. When I place a breakpoint on the line where the value propagates to my model, I see that the previous value was perfectly valid and wasn't changed by the thumbtack. Placing breakpoints everywhere that I ever assign a value to a relevant variable produces no results.

Is this a known issue, or something I need a test case for? If it's known, is there anything I can do about it other than constantly pushing the correct value to the display?

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Chris,

Are you using Bindings in your XAML that tracks that value?  Keep in mind that the DataContext of the tool windows changes as you move them around from state to state.  If you wish for it to remain constant then you would need to set your ToolWindow's DataContext to something like "{Binding ElementName=dockSite, Path=DataContext}".  That will make sure it remains the same as the DockSite's DataContext when it moves around from states.  Let us know if that helps.  Otherwise, we'd need more info about your setup.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.