Posted 10 years ago by Bob Rundle - Director, Dynamic Workflow, JOA Oil & Gas BV
Version: 14.1.0321

I am trying to create a C# language extension. That is, I want a language that looks like C# except it has certain additional lexical and syntactic features. For example I want to have this...

int i = 5 [m];

Where [m] indicates that the engineering units for the constant is meters.

Based on my understanding of the SynaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on I cannot do this without purchasing the source code for the Add-in and then modifying it.

Please confirm that my understanding is correct.

I would prefer to simply build my language extension by deriving a class from ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.CSharp.CSharpSyntaxLanguage and then overriding a number of methods, but I am pretty sure (based on my reading of the manual and on various answers that have been given in the forum) that this path is a dead end.

Regards,

Bob Rundle

[Modified 10 years ago]

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bob,

Yes that is correct.  You would need to modify the programmatic lexer and parser to better handle that sort of thing, which you can't really do without the source code.  The WPF version of the add-on (which requires the WPF SyntaxEditor) is newer and has a better design that is more easily modified, but it should be able to be done in the WinForms version of the add-on as well.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.