licensing problem in runtime

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 9 years ago by jdwang
Version: 14.1.0320
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi Admin,

I registered Actipro license at the very beginning of my application as bellow.

WinFormsControlsLicenseProvider<ActiproSoftware.Products.SyntaxEditor.AssemblyInfo>.RegisterLicense(Resources.ActiproLicensee, Resources.ActiProLicenseKey);

My application works well in most test machine. But it fails in one of them since I ever install and uninstall Actipro component using evaluation option.

1. Install the ActiPro demo version using evaluation option.
2. Uninstall it
3. Install my application
4. Start up my appliction and display syntax editor, then a license dialog is shown.

In such a case "WinFormsControlsLicenseProvider.RegisterLicense" feature is broken. I think it is a bug.

Thanks
Jiandong

Comments (5)

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jiandong,

Thank you for reporting this.  We found the problem and have fixed it for the next maintenance release.  In the meantime, if you email our support address, we can privately tell you how to remove the evaluation data from that one machine if it is a blocking issue for you.

Actipro Software Support

What's the support address?

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, you can find our email addresses on our Contact Us page.

Actipro Software Support

I have sent an email to support@ days ago, but haven't gotten any response yet. Is it right?

[Modified 9 years ago]

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Thanks for letting us know.  Yes that is correct.  For some reason the Google apps mail server flagged your message as spam so our ticket system never got it.  We'll look at it and get back to you.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.