DocumentWindow tab hover color, except not activated by the window itself

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Chris Carter
Version: 14.2.0610

Context: http://www.actiprosoftware.com-www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/22907/changing-documentwindow-style-application-can

Now that I have that working, the tab hover color is changing properly, but it's also changing when I hover over the window content. The default hover color is not subject to this behavior; what's different and how can I eliminate the undesired behavior?

[Modified 9 years ago]

Comments (7)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Chris,

It would be better to just put this in your app's Resources:

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.TabbedMdiContainerTabItemBackgroundHoverBrushKey}"  
		Color="#038BE4" />

Actipro Software Support

Aha, I didn't realize those keys existed; now I have another place to look in the future.

And is there any way to make the tab background not hang over the content?

Does this help?

<Thickness x:Key="{x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.ToolWindowContainerTabItemBottomMarginNormalThicknessKey}">0,1</Thickness>
<Thickness x:Key="{x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.ToolWindowContainerTabItemTopMarginNormalThicknessKey}">0,1</Thickness>

Actipro Software Support

That does shrink the overhang a bit, but the default hover background doesn't hang over at all. I feel like maybe I should be using a resource key for a different (more inner) background.

I'd recommend you download the default styles/templates from you account and look through those to see which resources are used where.  Any of the AssetResourceKeys can be overridden in your App.Resources if you need to, as described above, so that you can achieve your desired look.

Actipro Software Support

Where would I find those templates? I'd love to have more than a list of style key names to go on.

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

You can download them from your organization account page since you are a WPF Studio customer.  When you open the .zip, the Docking folder hierarchy has the XAML in it.  The DockingWindow.xaml file in particular will have all the styles used for tabs.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.