Changing DocumentWindow style: Application cannot run

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Chris Carter
Version: 14.2.0610

This question almost answered mine: http://www.actiprosoftware.com-www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/20330/changing-floating-documentwindow-style

This is what I want to do (although unfortunately I have no idea how to activate the code-highlighter):

<Style TargetType="{x:Type docking:DocumentWindow}">
	<Style.Triggers>
		<Trigger Property="IsMouseOver" Value="True">
			<Setter Property="TabBackground" Value="#038BE4" />
		</Trigger>
	</Style.Triggers>
</Style>

That gives me a runtime exception at the first line of my XAML, saying "Cannot have nested BeginInit calls on the same instance." I think this is thrown by System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal.

Second and subsequent runs of the same code points to my opening Window.Resources tag, and says "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DocumentWindow' Key being added: 'ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DocumentWindow'." That's somehow related to both System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal and System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.DeferrableContent.

Changing the code by so much as removing and adding the same tab character sends me back to the first error.

I reduced my code to this for testing purposes:

<Style TargetType="{x:Type docking:DocumentWindow}">
	<Setter Property="TabBackground" Value="#038BE4" />
</Style> 

That shows what I want to achieve in the designer but otherwise has exactly the same results.

What am I doing wrong? What is BeginInit and how is it relevant? And, for curiosity's sake, why am I apparently adding key-value pairs to a persistent dictionary?

Comments (1)

Posted 7 years ago by Chris Carter

Apologies, I had a previous <Style TargetType="{x:Type docking:DocumentWindow}"> in the same Window.Resources element. Never mind!

The latest build of this product (v21.1.3) was released 19 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.