UseHostedAutoHidePopups = False, Layout Serialization issue

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Andrew Hanlon
Version: 14.2.0610
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

After setting the UseHostedAutoHidePopups property to false, there is a bug with loading a serialized layout:

If the layout has auto-hidden popups, the popup 'tab' appears, however the popup will not open. If I set a currently non-auto hidden toolwindow to hide, then it also will not open.

I have completely cleared my saved layout and the issue persists on the following deserialization.

[Modified 9 years ago]

Comments (5)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andrew,

I tried but could not repro this in our samples.  Can you let us know how?

Also note that if you are in a Metro theme, those require that you click on the tabs to show the popup vs. just hovering.  Could you be running into that (just hovering while in a Metro theme)?

Actipro Software Support

Thank you for the quick reply. 

I am indeed using the MetroLight theme, however I am clicking on the tab explicitly. I have tried changing the theme with the same result.

Interestingly the pop-ups are working as expected in child docksites (which are also serizlized), just not in the window-level docksite.

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andrew,

Can you put together a new simple sample project that shows the issue and email that to our support address?  Please rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked, and reference this thread in your email.  Then we can debug it.  We are planning on a maintenance release possibly Monday or Tuesday so if you can do this ASAP, it would be appreciated.

Actipro Software Support

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending) I was not able to reproduce the behaviour in a simplified application. Even after including other aspects that I believed may have played a role (databinding of toolwindows, ribbonWindow, etc.) I am unable to replicate the effect outside of the affected application. I will continue to debug, and if I find the cause, I will update this post. Thanks again for a great product and support!

I just wanted to update this issue. I was, after a fair amout of trial and error, able to find a solution to the issue mentioned above. I believe it may have to do with the lazy layout serialization scheme that I have utilized. In any case by setting the UseHostedAutoHidePopups property to false only after the docksite and child windows are loaded, everything seems to function as expected. Thanks.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.