Alter window size after call to MoveToNewHorizontalContainer

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Jim Carole
Version: 14.2.0611

I have a tabbed MDI app and want its initial apperance to be horizontally split with the lower region having a height of 100. I can't do this in XAML because I have a menu pick that restores this default arrangement, so it has to be done programmatically. After I use MoveToNewHorizontalContainer to establish the split, how do I set the height of the lower window to 100?

[Modified 9 years ago]

Comments (4)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jim,

Take a look at the Programmatic Sizing QuickStart.  By walking up the tree and looking at the SplitContainer, you can call its ResizeSlots method to adjust the size of the tabbed MDI containers.  The "Programmatic Layout" topic in the documentation also covers this area a bit.

Actipro Software Support

I typed "Programmatic Sizing QuickStart" in the Actipro WPF Studio Documentation Search tab but no hits. Where is it?

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jim,

The "Programmatic Sizing" QuickStart is a sample whose full source is in the Docking samples portion of our Sample Browser project.

Actipro Software Support

Got it...thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.