New problem with Older build...

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by JohnBlaze
Version: 11.1.0545
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I realize this is a very old build (2011.1.545), but this is a new issue. Unfortunately, we are kind of stuck on this build as this was the one of the last one or two "legacy" builds. You significantly changed everything after that. We had spent a great deal of effort customizing stuff and tweaking styles, etc. and there were a lot of incompatibilities with the new architecture, so we just kind of stuck with this as mgmt didn't want to invest the time to do all that work again.

Anyways, I am positive this build was working probably in Sept 2014, so I'm not sure what I changed on my machine since then.  Possibly installed .NET 4.5.1 and 4.5.2. Still on the same version of Visual Studio.

I started with a clean test app to make sure this had nothing to do with our customizations.

Nothing special in the XAML:

<

ribbon:RibbonWindow xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"

xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"

xmlns:ribbon="http://schemas.actiprosoftware.com/winfx/xaml/ribbon"

Title="MainWindow" Height="350" Width="525">

<Grid>

</Grid>

</

ribbon:RibbonWindow>

Nothing special in the C#:

using

ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Ribbon;

namespace

WpfApplication5

{

///<summary>

/// Interaction logic for MainWindow.xaml

///</summary>

publicpartialclassMainWindow : RibbonWindow

{

public MainWindow()

{

//InitializeComponent();

}

}

}

So we are not overriding or customizing anything. All I have done from a stock WPF app is derive from Ribbon Window.

For some reason, when I run this app, at start up, I get a white rectangle that covers the entire window (frame and all). After approx. 1 second, it disappears and the window is normal. This is happening on ALL our apps that used the ribbon control.

It is ALSO happening on YOUR ribbon sample. So DEFINITELY, nothing I could possibly have done.

I can send you a screen shot of the white rectangle issue if needed.

Comments (5)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We aren't aware of anything like that.  Which .NET version is on your machine where you can repro this?  Please follow the steps here to determine which .NET 4.5 version you have:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925568%28v=vs.110%29.aspx#net_b

I am running Windows 8.1 and VS 2013 with .NET 4.5.1 and don't see the problem happening on our latest code or in the v2011.1 sample. 

Out of curiosity, do you see it still happening if you install and run our latest 2014.2 version's sample?

Please send a link to your screenshot too, thanks.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Thank you for the response. This is on Windows 7, fully patched and SPed. Aero theme. I have .NET 4.5.2 installed. I've tried setting the targetting to 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2. Same result with the white square. I then tried on a co-workers machine that only has .Windows 7 / NET 4.5.1 and the white square did not occur. So it is something related to 4.5.2 on 7 with Aero. I am compiling with VS 2012. I am 100% certain the app worked on my machine several months ago and it was set to target 4.5.1.

Also tried:

* Setting the background of the window to red. Still get a *white* rectangle...

* Your sample (Document Editor like Word) flashes the white rectangle for maybe 1/2 a second, but still quite visible

* The sample I posted above is much more obvious as the white rectangle lasts for 1+ second and then the window turns the light blue as expected

* Tried setting theme to Windows 7 Basic and white rectangle does not occur on my machine

* Tried rebooting

* Tried repairing .NET 4.5.2

* Tried re-installing the ActiPro build 2011.1.545

* Tried re-installing latest WHQL video drivers

White rectangle always returns.

[Modified 9 years ago]

Also, I have sent the screen shot to your support ticket system (titled "Screen shot for Ribbon Issue...") as I have no public link available. Ticket # 1DE-1C418388-0405. Sample prj also included.

Posted 7 years ago by hrudwik dhulipalla

Hi JohnBlaze and Actipro Software Support,

Even I'm facing the same Issue with same version of Actipro 11.1.545.

We are using a RibbonWindow, We are facing this rendering issue in .Net 4.5.2 in Windows Server 2012.
Is there any fix to this by Actipro?

Version used:ActiPro 11.1.545
.Net Version: 4.5.2
Operating System: Windows Server 2012

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, we are replying to the other forum threads and tickets you opened on this subject.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.