Notification of clipboard activity...

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Kelly Leahy - Software Architect, Milliman
Version: 4.0.0247
My application has a toolbar that I would like to act like the VS 2005 toolbar, with respect to the paste button. In VS2005, it is disabled if the item currently on the clipboard is not valid for pasting into the editor, and the editor is the currently selected control. I've been able to get this mostly working, but the problem I have is that when the syntax editor is the current control (and the item on the clipboard is not valid), but then I select some text in the editor and press Ctrl-C, I want the paste button to change to enabled.

The problem is, I can't see any easy way to receive notification that the Ctrl-C happened. Is there some notification event I can hook into to receive notification of this action? Is this something you could expose in a maintenance release.

Thanks...

Kelly Leahy Software Architect Milliman, USA

Comments (4)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kelly,

Check out the documentation topic for "Editing Features / Clipboard Operations". That shows you a couple events that will be of use for you.

Actipro Software Support

When you say "a couple of events", I assume you're referring to CutCopyDrag (one event). Is there another event there that I missed?

I'll work with the CutCopyDrag event and let you know if I need anything else, but it sounds like it'll be enough.

Thanks,

One more thing... How do you know whether the cut/copy/drag operation is starting or ending? I couldn't find anything in the eventargs that would tell me which it was.

EDIT: Nevermind - just answered my own (two) question(s)! I guess I don't read all that well at 8AM. Sorry for being dense.

[Modified at 04/20/2007 11:07 AM]

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
PasteDragDrop was the other event but CutCopyDrag is the main one you'll want to focus on.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.