ShowIntelliPromptMemberList - List not populated when caret precedes alphanumeric text

SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Jason Ruakere
Version: 14.1.0322
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Calling the ShowIntelliPromptMemberList method fails to show the list if the caret is positioned immedaitely left of an aplha-numeric character. If I examine the list in the PreFilter event, it hasn't been populated (count=0)

If I leave the caret in the same position and put a space between it and the following text, the list is populated and displays correctly.

Anyone know of a remedy for this?

Comments (4)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jason,

Do you mean you are calling the XmlSyntaxLanguage.ShowIntelliPromptMemberList method (in the XML language in the Web Languages Add-on)?  That method quits out immediately if it can't determine a valid context for the caret's location via a call to XmlSchemaResolver.GetContext.  Otherwise it should be calling the PreFilter and then show the list, assuming at least one item is set up in the list.  I just did some testing in our SDI Editor demo by pressing the show member list button in the toolbar in various places and always saw the PreFilter event getting fired.  Please let us know exactly how to repro the issue.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hello,

Yep, I'm referring to the XmlSyntaxLanguage.ShowIntelliPromptMemberList method and no, I couldn;t reproduce the problem using the 'SDI Editor' demo project. I did, however, modify the 'XML Language Reflection' demo project and can reproduce the problem in there.

Perhaps the problem then lies with the XmlSchemaResolver.GetContent() method being unable to determine a valid context if the caret is immediately left of an alphanumeric character?

I've taken some screen shots to better illustrate the issue here. Left me know if you need me to return the modified 'XML Language Reflection' demo project.

Cheers, Jason.

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jason.

Thanks for the details.  We were able to reproduce it and have it fixed for the next release.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.