IntelliPrompt list not honouring restrictions imposed by xsd:sequence or xsd:choice

SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Jason Ruakere
Version: 14.1.0322
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

The member list displayed does not appear to consider current child elements of the context element when assembling the list.

For example, I would expect that an xsd:sequence containing ElementA, ElementB, ElementC and ElementD should only populate the member list with appropriate element for it's current position within existing child elements.

Same too for xsd:choice lists where @maxOccurs = 1. If one of the choices is already present as a child of the context element, none of the other elements should be presented in the member list.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear (or if you simply disagree ;)). The problem does not occur in the WPF sample project.

Comments (2)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jason,

Yes that would be ideal but I don't believe this feature is in the WPF version of the add-on yet either (it's still on the TODO list there).  The tricky part about implementing it is that you have the ability to nest various options of choices, sequences, any, etc. each with their own min/max occurs, and that can lead to complex scenarios that would need to be handled.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Jason Ruakere

I just checked again and you are correct about the WPF version.

I agree and understand entirely about the complexity invloved with the implementation of this feature. I looked at implementing something myself a little while back it it quickly moved into the 'too hard' basket so good luck to you! :)

Thanks for the response.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.