A major new version of the Actipro WPF controls is now available. This version adds a new Views product that contains a TaskBoard control, allowing for animated drag/drop of cards within task columns. Docking/MDI's Prism interop assembly has been updated to work with Prism v5.0. SyntaxEditor gets many new features and its Python Language Add-on's IntelliPrompt capabilities have been greatly enhanced. New shapes are added to the Shared Library. Many other assorted updates and improvements have been made across the product range.
Detailed Update List
- Fixed a bug where centered displayed values were slightly offset.
- Fixed a bug introduced in a previous build where binding a chart to data without specifying an XPath wouldn't properly use the item index as each data item's X value.
- Upgraded the Prism Interop assembly to reference Prism v5.0.
- Improved the handling of right-to-left flow direction in rafting windows.
- Updated the logic for mouse hovers to display auto-hide tab flyouts in certain themes.
- Updated the switcher activation logic.
- Updated the icons used for maximized standard MDI windows in the Sample Browser.
- Improved the speed at which tab changes occur.
- Fixed a bug in certain cultures where negative numbers using currency format wouldn't display properly.
- Added a DigitalGauge.CharacterSegmentThickness property to allow for segment thickness adjustments, and added a related option to the Digital Gauge Characters QuickStart.
- Enhanced the 'Linear Gauge Rolling Scale' QuickStart with a new infinite rolling scale example for navigation headings.
- Improved the dispose design of data accessors.
- Updated list collection values to not sort by display name, thereby keeping the items in index order.
- Improved the pixel snapping of images for medium variant buttons.
- Updated menu item input gesture text to appear disabled when the menu item is disabled.
- Fixed a bug where pressing Enter within a ComboBox wasn't committing the typed value.
- Fixed a bug where the Metro Dark theme was showing borders around Ribbon tabs on hover.
- Added the EditorSearchView.IsFindAllButtonVisible property, which shows a new Find All button when set to true.
- Updated the 'Search - Find Results' QuickStart to show the new Find All button.
- Added the IEditorViewSearcher.FindAll method.
- Improved the RTF export logic for extended ASCII characters.
- Updated the CSS language definition to support syntax highlighting of media queries.
- Improved the move selected lines up/down edit action logic.
- Dramatically improved the speed of large completion list display.
- Optimized the scenarios for which the TokenTagger raises its TagsChanged event.
- Improved and optimized automatic outlining update logic.
- Updated mouse hovers over a collapsed outlining node indicator in the outlining margin to not trigger highlights.
- Changed the quick info and parameter info tips to have a default MaxWidth of 1000, and description tips to have a default MaxWidth of 800.
- Fixed a bug where clicking elsewhere in a document wouldn't close the Insert Snippet popup.
- Fixed a bug where a document with many sequential whitespace lines and indentation guides visible could affect editing performance.
- Fixed a bug where an intra-text adornment on an empty view line could make the view line's height smaller than expected.
- Fixed a bug where changing the line number margin font properties might not immediately change the margin's width when appropriate.
LL(*) Parser Framework
- Added the IParserState.UntargetableParseErrorTokenIds property, which specifies tokens whose text ranges will be avoided by untargeted parse errors.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Improved the C# language AST node structure when encountering open block statements.
- Updated the IntelliPrompt quick info for properties to include accessors, making it possible to see whether a property is read-only.
- Updated the resolver logic.
Python Language Add-on
- Added IntelliPrompt for private members and updated the completion list to have Public and All filter tabs.
- Added reflection data for private methods/fields of built-in primitive types.
- Added IntelliPrompt for built-in exception types.
- Improved IntelliPrompt for numerous built-in modules.
- Greatly improved IntelliPrompt for package and module imports.
- Improved IntelliPrompt for function parameters by examining available assert statement isinstance calls.
- Added IntelliPrompt for static fields on classes.
- Improved the resolution of base types for classes.
- Added the optional IResolver.UnknownReturnTypeReferenceCallback callback that can be used to provide return type references for unknown types.
- Updated the resolver to recognize where 'cls()' in a class method can create a new instance of the related class.
- Updated the IntelliPrompt completion list to filter unmatched items.
- Updated the IntelliPrompt docstring display to retain presentation of line feeds.
Web Languages Add-on
- Fixed a bug where placing end tags in the header text of an XML document may cause an exception.
- Fixed a bug where XML validation errors didn't properly account for header text length.
- Added the TaskBoard control, which can be used to create a board of reorderable columns and cards.
- Added the Repair Shop Scheduling demo, which shows how a TaskBoard can be used to interactively schedule work to resources, such as employees.
- Added the Task Planning demo, which shows how a TaskBoard can visually organize a project's tasks.
- Added a SemiEllipse shape, which renders half of an ellipse.
- Updated the Shapes QuickStart with examples showing usage of the new shape.
- Added the Triangle.IsClosed property.
- Added the IOrientedElement interface and the OrientedElementExtensions class.
- Added the InputPointerEventArgs.IsPointerOver method.
- Added the InputPointerButtonEventArgs.IsPrimaryButton property.
- Added the GradientBrushSlider.CanAddStops and CanRemoveStops properties.
- Updated the GradientBrushSlider demo to show off the new properties.
- Updated the ConditionalConverter to return FalseValue for any non-true value.
- Updated the PercentageConverter to support conversion from several non-Double numeric types.
- Improved the logic in the SecurityHelper.IsFullTrust property.
- Fixed a bug where the PopupButton.IsAutoFocusOnOpenEnabled option also moved focus on popup close.
- Fixed a rendering bug that could occur in ScrollChrome.
About WPF Controls
WPF Studio / WPF Essentials Licensing
You can purchase our WPF controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the WPF Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves over 60% over purchasing all the WPF controls individually.
The WPF Essential bundle saves over 45% over purchasing its bundled controls separately.
That's some incredible savings!
WPF Studio Benefits
All WPF control licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
In addition, if you own a WPF Studio license, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new WPF control products added to WPF Studio that come out within your year period. This benefit does not apply to WPF Essentials customers.
You can give all our lastest WPF control products a spin right in your browser as long as you have .NET 4.0 installed. Just follow the steps on this page to see live demos:
You can download an evaluation of all our WPF controls from this page:
Upgrade to WPF Studio
Contact our sales team for information on discounted pricing for upgrading from one of our older WPF control product licenses to a license for WPF Studio, WPF Essentials, or a new version of a WPF control product.
If you own an older WPF Studio version or one of its products and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
Actipro Software Support