Event fired on IntelliPromptMemberList.CompleteWord?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by shark92651
I have some code in an IntelliPromptMemberListClosing event that will manipuate the selected item's AutoComplatePreText prior to the text being inserted into the editor. This code works great but I cannot find an event or way to manipulate the text prior to insertion if there is only one item in the list that matches when using CompleteWord since the list itself is never shown and therefore the closing event does not fire. Is there a way for me to handle this case?

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You are correct, in that case no hide-related events will fire. When this happens can't you just perform your update logic at the time you insert the items into the list?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by shark92651
I can try that but my concern is that it may be a time consuming process when there could be hundreds of items in the list and I don't actually need to format them all, just the one that is being inserted. I think it would be a good addition to have a new event that fires just before an item is inserted into the editor no matter if it was selected from the drop-down or inserted from CompleteWord.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
But if you are populating the list, you know how many items you have. If you only have one then you know the event won't fire so do the whole format thing there. In the other cases, leave it like you have it.

Another event is a good idea too.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.