Defect using mouse scroll wheel under Vista

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Matthew Smith - Developer, One Plus One Solutions Pty Limited
Version: 4.0.0247
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
Under Microsoft Vista, when you attempt to use the scroll wheel to scroll your document it does not work even if the document has focus - the focus is shifted to another area of the form. ie. Treview, textbox etc. The issue does not appear when using Windows XP.

I can replicate the issue not only in my own program, but using your sample. Also there is no issue scrolling other windows or controls such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word/Excel - just the syntax editor document.

Regards, Matt

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
I wanted to comment that I use Syntax Editor on Vista and don't have a problem scrolling with the mouse wheel.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I am not seeing this either. I just tested it in Vista with Aero enabled and had no problems.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Matthew Smith - Developer, One Plus One Solutions Pty Limited
No probs - hadn't had a chance to test another machine. Perhaps it's the mouse driver.

Regards, Matt

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.