SyntaxEditor and MFC?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Ed
Version: 4.0.0248
Hello,

Can SyntaxEditor be used within an MFC-based application?

Thanks

Comments (5)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ed,

SyntaxEditor is written in .NET so if you are able to host .NET controls in MFC then it might work. I know we do have several customers running managed C++ who use SyntaxEditor.

Actipro Software Support

Quote:
so if you are able to host .NET controls in MFC then it might work

This is what I'm not sure about. Does anyone know if you can host .NET controls in MFC? If someone from Actipro can verify this, I'd really appreciate it.

Quote:
I know we do have several customers running managed C++ who use SyntaxEditor.

That is very encouraging ;-) I really like the look of SyntaxEditor, and I really hope I can use it!
Unfortunately we're C#/VB guys and don't know MFC. I think I have read something that said there was a way to do it but Microsoft recommended against it for some reason and said it would be better to use ActiveX controls.

If you google C# controls and MFC I'm sure you'll find a lot of posts on the topic that might help.

Actipro Software Support

Okay, fair enough.

Assuming I could get it to work in an MFC application, the .NET Runtime would still be required to be installed on all the target machines, correct?
Yes that is correct.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.