Any kind of auto-completition code feature?

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 9 years ago by r@fitiiixxx

Hi,

I came to this forum after searching over documentation on the app, googling arround and searching inside this forum. I'm not completely sure about an auto-complete code feature, like Sublime has, since some threads talk about it but maybe is another kind of auto-complete, like the first template for some kind of files (HTML for ex.)

So, I know auto completition like intelliSense or Java with NetBeans is kinda hard, but still, autocompletition of HTML tags in html files should be easily achieved (in contrast to Java, C# and other languages). Is this possible? maybe it's already there but I couldn't find it (tryed TAB, CTRL + SPACE, etc...)

In Sublime you write with HTML syntax h1, press TAB and you get <h1></h1> tags and your cursor is inside those tags. Since writing Java and C# on an IDE is the way to go, i'd like to replace my Sublime text editor for Code Writer to write front-end code as HTML5, CSS3 and JS (JQuery, etc...) But still lacks on some important features like these.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (1)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We don't currently have automated completion for HTML at this time but I'll log your request for it.  At the moment, we're focusing on developing some new UI controls that we need to have ready in the next couple months, but we hope to get some new features added to Code Writer once that work is done.

As for the "h1" and Tab feature, that sounds like Emmet features.  That is something we had started experimenting in a while back but never completed.  I'll log your request for those too.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.