[v2.4] Ctrl+V (paste) locks up app on Windows 10.10074

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Brandon H
Version: 2.4.15

Attempts to paste in to a document on Windows 10.10074 result in the app hanging indefinitely and needing to be forcefully closed.

Comments (5)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brandon,

Odd, I'm not seeing that.  I just copied text in Word Preview (within Windows 10 build 10074) and pasted it in Code Writer ok.  It's likely some bug in the Windows tech preview build (which still have plenty of random issues) you have since we are using standard API calls for the clipboard in Code Writer.

[Modified 9 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

I was trying to copy from the Spartan browser in to the app, in case that matters.

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brandon,

I tried copying from Spartan and pasting into Code Writer.  The first time, Code Writer closed.  The second time (with nothing changed on the clipboard), it worked fine.

Looking at our code that accesses the clipboard, we have a try...catch around all of it.  So it seems like this is most likely attributed to Windows 10's system instability at this time. 

Actipro Software Support

Awesome, thanks for looking in to it and confirming. I'll try to keep this in mind when i'm copy/pasting with Code Writer. Did you also see that it hung for quite a while before closing? or was it more instant than what I'm describing?

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brandon,

I can't get it to happen any more (just tried again).  It only happened the once for me.  I believe it hung for a couple seconds and then closed on its own.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.