AnimatedDockPanel does not support direct content

Views for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Manuel Eisenschink - Twisted Arts
Version: 15.1.0623
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

it seems like I just discovered a little design issue. The AnimatedDockPanel obviously does not have a ContentProperty-Attribute attatched. When I add various controls to the panel directly, the UI designer shows an error telling me, that AnimatedDockPanel doesn't support direct content.

It does compile fine and obviously works, but marks the whole part in the XAML underlined. Explicitly adding content in "<views:AnimatedDockPanel.Children></...>" does work, though.

You might want to check if the Attribute is set, else it would be nice if you fixed that problem. Not much of a problem, but a little design imperfection.

PS: You might want to add Windows 10 to the platforms list in the forums ;)

Best regards,

Manuel

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Manuel,

I'm not seeing that happen.  It might be that VS has gotten into a weird state, which seems to happen a lot.  I've noticed VS 2015 is buggier than the old versions in a lot of areas. 

The Content attribute is set on the panel since it inherits the native WPF Panel and that defines it.  We don't change or override the attribute value for our customized panel.

Thanks for the tip on the missing Windows 10 item in the dropdown.  We've added that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Manuel Eisenschink - Twisted Arts

Okay, I already thought it would be strange if you guys didn't realize that during testing nor that it never got reported. I noticed that by myself that VS15 is one hell of a buggy IDE. So many flow-breaking and annoying issues.

Well, thanks for the quick reply. After all it probably wouldn't have compiled if it really was a missing ContentProperty-Attribute. You're welcome.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.