AnimatedWrapPanel Virtualization

Views for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Eric P
Version: 15.1.0624

I pretty much know the answer but is it possible to virtualize the AnimatedWrapPanel? I believe the answer is no because according to the Virtualization section of the help...setting VirtualizingStackPanel.IsVirtualizing = True only works for a PropertyGrid. I tried the following without sucess.

<ListBox>
  <ListBox.ItemsPanel>
    <ItemsPanelTemplate>
      <views:AnimatedWrapPanel Orientation="Horziontal" IsEmptySpaceEvenlyDistrubuted="True" VirtualizingStackPanel.IsVirtualizing="True" />
    </ItemsPanelTemplate>
  </ListBox.ItemsPanel>
</ListBox>

<ListBox>
  <ListBox.ItemsPanel>
    <ItemsPanelTemplate>
      <views:AnimatedWrapPanel Orientation="Horziontal" IsEmptySpaceEvenlyDistrubuted="True" VirtualizingPanel.IsVirtualizing="True" />
    </ItemsPanelTemplate>
  </ListBox.ItemsPanel>
</ListBox>

There is a Virtualizing WrapPanel on CodePlex. (https://virtualwrappanel.codeplex.com/)

I think having the ability to virtualize the AnimatedWrapPanel, and other Actipro Panels, would be a great addition to the API.

Thanks,

-eric

Comments (2)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Eric,

Sorry we don't support virtualization on those at this time.  We will log your suggestion though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Markus Springweiler

I would not even need animations. I would be happy with a rock solid VirtualWrapPanel which mimics Windows Explorer in icon/thumb mode, with correct keyboard navigation (wrapping around) and using newer 4.5 features like CacheLength(Unit) (creating more container items than visible so async binding operations are most likely done when scrolling into view).

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.