Plan for Prism 6?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by misn
Version: 15.1.0623

I started evaluating your Docking control for WPF. 

I quickly ran into a problem when using it with our own code. We are using Prism 6 which does not include a RegionAdapterBase<T> like Prism5. The DockSiteRegionAdaptor needs this class and then I am stuck....

Any plans for a version using Prism 6 - or better any ideas on how to circumvent the issue?

Best regards

/Mike

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

Sorry but we haven't looked into the new version as of yet and what breaking changes were made.  Maybe once Docking/MDI vNext (see our blog) is out and production stable, that is something we can investigate.  We'll make a note of it.

In the meantime, our full source code for the Prism integration assembly is available here:

http://actipro.codeplex.com

It currently is the Prism v4 source, and we need to update it reflect the namespace, etc. updates we did for v5 compatibility.  But hopefully you can use that as a base to get it working with v6.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by misn

Hey Support,

Thank you for you fast reply, I will see if I can get it working by tweaking the code you linked too....

EDIT:

Well that turned out to be a really good advice :-)

The prism integration assembly you pointed me to, is actually the one defining the DockSiteRegionAdaptor. To get it working I simply had to point mentioned project to the new namespaces containing prism regions etc and then I am good to go.

Thank you so far!

/Mike

[Modified 8 years ago]

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.