Underscore in DocumentWindow Header is displayed instead of becoming shortcut

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Jim Carole
Version: 15.1.0623
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need to enable users to make a DocumentWindow active using <alt>SomeDesignatedLetter like WPF's tab control supports (I do know about <ctrl>Tab as well).

Problem: When I add an underscore to the name I set the DocWin's header property to, that underscore gets displayed as a separate character and the character that follows it doesn't become a hot key.

Comments (1)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry but our Docking/MDI tabs don't support Alt+(letter) activation.  We don't have plans to add that feature since docking windows are generally dynamic in nature and the Ctrl+Tab switcher provides easy access to anything. 

In vNext we are also adding some new keyboard shortcuts.  Ctrl+(number) will immediately select the tab at that 1-based index in the current container (TabbedMdiContainer or ToolWindowContainer).  Ctrl+Alt+(number) will do the same for "pinned" tabs.  Pinned tabs are another new feature in vNext.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0684) was released 16 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.