How to do Global Scope Find and Replace?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by commander
Version: 16.1.0632

I understand that the Find and Replace feature will work within one document of a user's project.

But if the user has multiple documents that make up their project, how can I allow the user to perform a global scope (or multi-document scope) find and replace?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments (3)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Unfortunately at the current time, the EditorSearchView will only work with a single SyntaxEditor instance.  You'd have to write your own functionality for supporting searching other documents.  We have logged your request for this feature and added the vote to our TODO list item for this feature.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by commander

Any update on this?

This is a MAJOR productivity killer and I am still scratching my head why it wasn't implemented already because it a no-brainer *standard* feature of any multi-document editor.

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Not at this time but once the post-2017.1 release work settles down, we plan on doing a round of updates to SyntaxEditor.  How would you specifically like to see this work since we can't really make any assumptions about your app infrastructure and how you manage multiple documents?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.