Toolbar is hided by another control

Bars for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Dong JIA
Version: 2.0.84
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi support,

In my appliaction, I allow user to hide/show the toolbar and menubar by specific action.
And I keep a control filled in mainform.
After toolbar hiding, I can not show them again. they must be covered by the control filled in mainform.

Could you give me some advices?
I think when user actived the toolbar, you should call BringToFront() at your code. It is my suggestion.

Best regards,

Dong JIA

Comments (5)

I have tried to reproduce it by your sample. But unfortunately, I can not reproduce it. Sorry for that. :(
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I haven't seen what you are describing so if you think there is a problem, please create a small sample project that shows this occurring and email it over to us. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

I said in preview post, I can not reproduce it.:(
Is it possibile to expose the handle of toolbar? In that case, I can handle it by WIN32 API at least.
Wait for your reply.

Dong JIA
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Dockable toolbars are "lightweight" controls so there is no handle. Perhaps some of your controls that are inside the dock areas are covering up the dock areas? The dock areas (BarDockArea) are what you would want to check out since that is what the menu/toolbars dock in.

Actipro Software Support

Hi support,

Thanks for you reply. After I bring BarDockArea to front, it works.

Regards,
Dong JIA
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.