Disabling the backstage back button?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by eric
Version: 16.1.0633

Hi all,

is there anyway to disable or remove the backstage back button (the <- arrow button)?

I would like to force the user to remain in that screen until a given action is done.

Thank you.

Comments (5)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Eric,

Yes please check out the "Ribbon / Controls / Built-In Miscellaneous Controls / Backstage/ApplicationMenu" topic in the documentation that comes with the product.  The last section in that talks about the ability to hide the button.

Actipro Software Support

Great! thank you for pointing me at the right location.

Oh sorry,

actually this isn't exactly what im looking for.

I do not want to hide the backstage, just the back arrow that allow you to go in the main application.

In fact i want to force the user to remain on the backstage until he have selected a file to open.

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Oh sorry, I see you mean you don't want to allow them to exit Backstage.  No unfortunately there isn't a way to prevent that since it's treated like a popup.  You might need to have an overlay control over your entire window that has Backstage-like appearance and is activated for this particular scenario.  Office does a similar thing where the true Backstage and the "no-file-open" view are different things.

Actipro Software Support

Yes indeed that was my second option, to do like Office does :)

Thanks for help.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.