New Row Template Behavior of the themed data grid and MVVM

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Franziska Thinnes-Elker
Version: 16.1.0635

Dear all,

I am working with a themed data grid presenting a collection of model objects of my MVVM. Clicking on the new row of the new row template, I would like to inform my model via viewmodel to create such a new data object. In fact this works. Unfortunately, the new row template creates an additional object on the fly breaking my mvvm as views are not intended to manage or create data objects.

Is there a way to suppress this behavior?

Thanks in advance, Franziska

Comments (1)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I believe the clicking of that new row template element and subsequent creation of another object is all done within Microsoft's DataGrid code.  Our attached behavior for the new row template only swaps in a more appealing template, but it doesn't create the object itself.  You'd be best off contacting Microsoft's support or forums for help on this particular issue since it likely happens when using the native DataGrid control (without using our ThemedDataGrid control that inherits DataGrid). 

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.