A major new version of the Actipro WPF controls is now available. This version includes our new Grids product that includes a much faster and more efficient reimplementation of our popular PropertyGrid control, along with new highly-requested tree controls TreeListBox and TreeListView. We've also rewritten the Editors product's controls so they are much more lightweight (fewer composed elements), making them perform faster while still possessing a fantastic feature set. We also have simplified the licensing mechanism for our WPF Controls in this version, so be sure to read the documentation on the changes if upgrading from a previous version.
Detailed Update List
- Updated hosted floated docking windows to center over the dock site.
- Updated double-clicks on a docked tool window container title bar to float the container.
- All controls rewritten to be faster, more lightweight in terms of elements, and use a common codebase with the UWP Editors.
- New ByteEditBox, DateEditBox, Int16EditBox, SingleEditBox, and TimeEditBox controls added.
- New and improved drop-down picker controls for each edit box created.
- Updated EnumEditBox with improved keyboard and focus handling.
- Updated EnumEditBox, EnumPicker, and EnumListBox to all support hiding specific enum values via EditorBrowsable(EditorBrowsableState.Never).
- See the Editors 'Converting to 2017.1' topic in the documentation for details on handling breaking changes.
- First product release, including new tree controls and a rearchitected PropertyGrid control that is lightning fast and extremely customizable.
- TreeListBox is a single-column tree control similar to the Visual Studio Solution Explorer tree control.
- TreeListView is a multi-column variant of TreeListBox that renders similar to a standard ListView but has additional features.
- PropertyGrid allows for all the properties of one or more objects to be displayed and edited, optionally using categories.
- See the Grids 'Converting to 2017.1' topic in the documentation for details on handling breaking changes.
- Added the WindowChrome.TitleBarTextAlignment property that allows for changing the title alignment, such as to center-aligned.
- Simplified the licensing mechanism to use a single 'licenses.licx' file entry for all Actipro WPF products. See the 'Licensing' topic for details.
About WPF Controls
WPF Studio / WPF Essentials Licensing
You can purchase our WPF controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the WPF Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves over 60% over purchasing all the WPF controls individually.
The WPF Essential bundle saves over 45% over purchasing its bundled controls separately.
That's some incredible savings!
WPF Studio Benefits
All WPF control licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
In addition, if you own a WPF Studio license, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new WPF control products added to WPF Studio that come out within your year period. This benefit does not apply to WPF Essentials customers.
You can download an evaluation of all our WPF controls from this page:
Upgrade to WPF Studio
Contact our sales team for information on discounted pricing for upgrading from one of our older WPF control product licenses to a license for WPF Studio, WPF Essentials, or a new version of a WPF control product.
If you own an older WPF Studio version or one of its products and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
[Modified 2 years ago]
Actipro Software Support