A major new version of the Actipro Universal Windows controls is now available. This version adds many new controls and features to the Editors product, along with a beta of our Grids product, which includes PropertyGrid, TreeListBox, and TreeListView controls.
Detailed Update List
- Updated labels to not render if their text is null.
- Improved the logic used to determine floating dock host bounds when floating a tool window.
- Updated floated docking windows to center over the dock site.
- Fixed a bug where AdvancedTabItem could incorrectly intercept a right-click over its displayed content area.
- Fixed a bug where an exception could occur while dragging docking windows in a certain scenario.
- Fixed a bug where an exception could occur if a theme change was made while an auto-hide popup was open.
- Added a new MaskedTextBox control that is used to restrict user input based on a specified regular expression mask. Support for input prompts and literal completion is included.
- Added a new Calculator control that provides a familiar calculator interface to interactively calculate numeric values.
- Added new BrushEditBox and BrushPicker controls that allow for input of a Brush value.
- Added a new GradientStopSlider control that allows for adding, changing, and removing the various gradient stops within a GradientBrush, such as a LinearGradientBrush.
- Added new Int16EditBox and Int16Picker controls that allow for input of an Int16 value.
- Added new Int64EditBox and Int64Picker controls that allow for input of an Int64 value.
- Added new SingleEditBox and SinglePicker controls that allow for input of a Single value.
- Added a new Rating control that renders glyphs that can be used present an average rating or collect a user rating.
- Added new TimeSpanEditBox and TimeSpanPicker controls that allow for input of a TimeSpan value.
- Updated EnumEditBox, EnumPicker, and EnumListBox to all support hiding specific enum values via EditorBrowsable(EditorBrowsableState.Never).
- Added the MonthCalendar.IsTodayButtonVisible and TodayButtonStyle properties that support the optional Today button.
- Added the MonthCalendar.IsWeekNumberColumnVisible, CalendarWeekRule, WeekNumberItemContainerStyle, and WeekNumberItemTemplate properties that support optional week number display.
- Added the MonthCalendar.IsTodayHighlighted property that highlights the current day with an outline.
- Added the MonthCalendar.FirstDayOfWeek property that allows you to override the day of week displayed in the first column.
- Added the MonthCalendar.MaxViewMode property that can limit zooming out.
- Added the MonthCalendar.ViewResetMode property that allows for the view to reset when focus is lost.
- Added the MonthCalendar.DisabledDaysOfWeek property that allows certain days of the week to be disabled.
- Added the MonthCalendar.IsDateDisabledFunc property that allows custom code to determine if a day should be disabled.
- Added the MonthCalendar.SelectionMode property that allows for choosing between single and various multiple date selection modes.
- Added the MonthCalendar.SelectedDates property that is a collection of all the selected dates.
- Added the MonthCalendar.MaxSelectionCount property that limits the number of dates that can be selected.
- Added the MonthCalendar.IsDayOfWeekSelectionEnabled and IsWeekNumberSelectionEnabled properties that allow multi-date selection features within a month.
- Added the MonthCalendar.IsClearButtonVisible and ClearButtonStyle properties that support the optional Clear button.
- Changed the MonthCalendar.SelectedDateChanged event to a SelectionChanged event.
- Updated MonthCalendar to support Ctrl+- and Ctrl+= keyboard shortcuts for zooming.
- Improved MonthCalendar focus handling.
- Fixed a bug where some enumeration values could show up in EnumListBox wrapped in an IReference.
- First product release, including new tree controls and a PropertyGrid control that is extremely customizable.
- TreeListBox is a single-column tree control similar to the Visual Studio Solution Explorer tree control.
- TreeListView is a multi-column variant of TreeListBox that renders similar to a standard ListView but has additional features.
- PropertyGrid allows for all the properties of one or more objects to be displayed and edited, optionally using categories.
- Improved the logic for determining when to scroll the completion list selection to the middle.
- Improved the logic for determining when bookmark indicators should be hidden due to collapsed regions.
- Updated IntelliPrompt code snippet template sessions to close if text is changed outside of the session, only in the focused view.
- Updated code snippet field tooltips to support line feeds and word wrap when needed.
- Updated the XmlReader used within HtmlContentProvider to not perform character checking.
- Fixed a bug where horizontal scrolling to found text might work incorrectly.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Updated the CSharpCodeSnippetProvider to watch for snippet shortcuts that could begin with a '#' character.
- Improved the speed of the C# and VB text formatters.
Web Languages Add-on
- Made a couple TaskBoard-related panels have settable Orientation properties.
- Added a EnumToInt32Converter that converts between an Enum value and an Int32.
About Universal Windows Controls
All Universal Windows control licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
You can purchase our Universal Windows controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the Universal Windows Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves 50% over purchasing all the controls individually. In addition, if you own a Universal Windows Studio license, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new control products added to Universal Windows Studio that come out within your year subscription period.
Free Evaluation Download
You can download a free evaluation of all our Universal Windows controls from this page:
If you own an older Universal Windows controls version and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
Actipro Software Support