Is it possible to override the TabOverflowBehavior Menu template?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Matthew Bristow
Version: 17.1.0650

I am using the AdvancedTabControl and looking to use the TabOverflowBehavior="ScrollWithMenu".

Is it possible to get the default template to modify to fit my needs?

I did something similar with the AdvancedTabItem by using the template from this post

Comments (3)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Matthew,

I believe you are included on an organization account that has WPF Studio.  You should be able to log into your account on our site and download the default styles/templates right from there.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Matthew Bristow

Thank you for the quick reply.

Is there a way you recomend viewing these files? As it is cumbersome searching through these manually. I plan to try loading them into a solution file, as then I can Ctrl + Shift + F to find key words to hopefully find what I am looking for.

On the topic of overriding templates/styles.

If I want to override a TabItem style like in this link but say only want to change the TabChrome UntintedBackground colour when 'x' s triggered.

Do I have to recreate (copy and paste) the whole style, and make my edits? Or am I able to target just a specific part to override? 

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Matthew,

What you suggested on loading them all into a solution might be easiest in terms of finding where specific resource brushes are defined/used.

As far as customizing, if you want to just globally change a brush resource (one we define with AssetResourceKeys) to a different value, then you can redefine that brush in your App.Resources using the same static key.  That new value will be used in all our themes.

But if you want to change how a template appears or how brushes used within a template such as in response to triggers, then you would need to clone that containing Style, tweak it, and place the updated Style in your App.Resources, generally as an implicit Style for the target control type.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.