Dockguides are not visible when docking ToolWindow(hosting winform control)

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Harsh Chawla
Version: 17.1.0650
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I hosted Winform control using WindowsFormsHost in ToolWindow but when trying to drag and dock it , dockguides are not visible and I am unable to dock it as it remain in floating state until I click on option button and choose dock option.

Please provide solution to this asap.

Thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Harsh,

Please see the "Interop Compatibility" topic in the Docking/MDI documentation.  That tells you the properties to set to allow compatibility with interop controls like WindowsFormsHost.  

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Harsh Chawla

Hi,

I saw "Interop Compatibility" topic in the Docking/MDI documentation and I used all properties as well but still the problem was not solved.

Actually I want  this WPF User Control to be element Host on Winforms and what I found that dockguides are visible when ToolWindow is in Float state and if I want to dock another window into that floated window dockguides are visible.

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Harsh,

The properties mentioned in that documentation topic should allow any interop content (like a WindowsFormsHost) to be embedded properly in Docking/MDI and still allow dock guides, etc.  If you are seeing differently, it could be you have some other scenario.  Please put together a new simple sample project that shows the issue you are seeing, and send that to our support address.  Reference this thread in your email and be sure to rename the .zip file extension of what you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Then we'll have a look and see what's going on.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.