I am facing an issue with getting events (specifically KeyDown) from a floating window when the layout is first loaded from a file.
- Open SampleApplication-CSharp->Product Samples->Docking Samples->Demo->Docking Features->MainForm.cs
- Add Key_Down event for markupLabelToolWindow and added the following code inside: MessageBox.Show("Key_Down");
- Ran the Docking & MDI sample
- Undocked the markupLabelToolWindow title "Welcome to WinForms Studio" and therefore that window is not floating
- Pressed a random key while focused on the markupLabelToolWindow and the popup appeared.
- Saved the layout using File-> Save Tool Window Layout
- Loaded the same layout file stored above by File-> Load Tool Window Layout
- Pressed a random key while focused on the markupLabelToolWindow but there was no popup.
Let me know if you are able to reproduce the above behavior at your end and any suggestions as to how to go about this behavior.