Where be the open file name?

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Jay Guyot
Version: 2.5.0016

FIrst time user, first time opening a source file in Code Writer. Why is there no file name on the interface? I would think it would appear in the window frame. Like right in the middle, so you can glance up and verify which file you have open.Seems like I can scroll around and edit the file.Seems like an elementary thing for an editor to show the name of the file that is open. Maybe Im missing it? Maybe I do not have it configured to show a file name? WHat is up?

Comments (1)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jay,

Code Writer was originally designed for Windows 8 and its full screen app scenarios.  If you click the ellipses ("...") button at the bottom, it will show a tab strip with the open documents.  

All that being said, we have been working on a UWP rewrite of the app where we are completely overhauling the interface and it will clearly indicate the current file.  See our Twitter @CodeWriterApp for screenshots of what we have so far.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v3.3.0029) was released 10 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.