Where be the open file name?

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Jay Guyot
Version: 2.5.16

FIrst time user, first time opening a source file in Code Writer. Why is there no file name on the interface? I would think it would appear in the window frame. Like right in the middle, so you can glance up and verify which file you have open.Seems like I can scroll around and edit the file.Seems like an elementary thing for an editor to show the name of the file that is open. Maybe Im missing it? Maybe I do not have it configured to show a file name? WHat is up?

Comments (1)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jay,

Code Writer was originally designed for Windows 8 and its full screen app scenarios.  If you click the ellipses ("...") button at the bottom, it will show a tab strip with the open documents.  

All that being said, we have been working on a UWP rewrite of the app where we are completely overhauling the interface and it will clearly indicate the current file.  See our Twitter @CodeWriterApp for screenshots of what we have so far.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.