Editor alignment problems

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Ralph
Version: 17.2.0661
Platform: .NET 4.6
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)
  1. Editors don't respond to HorizontalContentAlignment property.
    Until now in all my sofware the numbers displayed by various editors (TextBoxes, custom numeric spinners, etc.) were right aligned.
    This way the numbers displayed in a column of editors looked natural:
    Actipro editors always align the displayed value to the left and completely ignore the HorizontalContentAlignment property.  The numbers are misaligned:
  2. Editors add blank space to the left of the up/down buttons, it obscures the numbers.
    As I can't add any screenshots on this forum, here are the steps to reproduce:
    • Display an Int32EditBox, set its width to 43.
    • Type 123 into the edit box.
    • Press Home to move the cursor to the beginning of the text.
    • Press Tab to move the input focus to another control.
    There should be enough space to display 3 or even 4 digits, but for some reason digit '3' will be partially obscured by some white rectangle displayed between the number and the up/down buttons.

[Modified 7 years ago]

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ralph,

1) Edit boxes have a TextAlignment property you can set.  You'd want to use that instead of HorizontalContentAlignment.

2) Good point, we've found a couple ways to reduce the right-side padding so that there is a slightly wider editing surface area.  This update will be in the next build 662.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Ralph

1) Yeah... I know... I should read the manual more often...

2) Fantastic, thank you!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.