WPF Application freezes/crashes on connecting to the system through Remote Desktop

Charts for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Jerin Sebastian
Version: 16.1.0665

Whenever I run a WPF Application which has a Actipro XY Chart in a System A and I connect to System A using system B with Windows Remote Desktop.

The WPF application freezes/crashes on system A.

Comments (5)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jerin,

I tried running our sample app and had it on a demo with a several XY charts and nothing happened when I remoted into that computer from another.  This is using our latest 2017.2 build.  Can you try with the latest build to see if the problem still exists for you there?  If so, please tell us how we can repro it with our sample app.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 5 years ago by Jerin Sebastian

Sorry for the late reply.

So whenever I connect through Remote Desktop, I get the following exception.

System.ArgumentException: 'Specified Visual is already a child of another Visual or the root of a CompositionTarget.'

at the below line

this.XAxes.Add(xAxis);

Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jerin,

Can you try downloading our latest 2018.1 build and see if it still happens with that?  If so, please tell us exact steps to reproduce it using our sample project so that we can see it happening.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 5 years ago by Jerin Sebastian

The problem persists in the latest buils also.

I have attached the sample app to drive, please check the below link-

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DkqvbPCsjht-5aLXQPO7KmaAJ6RCCBWN

Reproducing steps:

1. Run app on Machine A.
  2. Then connect to Machine A from Machine B using Window Remote Desktop.
Answer - Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jerin,

Thanks for the sample.  We were able to reproduce the issue with that and I believe we have fixed it for the upcoming maintenance release, due in the next several days.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.