EnumEditBox enable drop down when clicking the box (instead of only the button)

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Jacob Alley
Version: 17.2.0665

As it stands, the dropdown is only opened when I click the drop down button, and not when I click anywhere on the box. I have looked at the source code and I am trying to determine what to tweak in order to correctly enable this behavior.

My best guess was to try:

<Trigger Property="IsFocused" Value="true">
<Setter Property="IsDropDownOpen" Value="True" />
</Trigger>

in the ControlTemplate triggers inside of the Template of <Style x:Key="{x:Type editors:PartEditBox}" TargetType="{x:Type editors:PartEditBox}">,

but that did not work

Comments (3)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jacob,

If you are on our newer Editors product (the newer codebase as of v2017.1), if the IsEditable property is false on the edit box, it will open the pop up when clicking anywhere in the control.  Are you not seeing that, or are you on the older codebase?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Jacob Alley

Im not using 2017, and will consider upgrading, is there anyway to accomplish it in an earlier version?

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jacob,

I don't believe there are any options for supporting that in the older pre-2017.1 version of Editors.  You might be able to override its PreviewLeftMouseButtonDown event and open the popup if not already open, but that could lead to other issues with the checkbox, etc.

The 2017.2 version of Editors (a newer codebase) should support what you are looking for by default.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.