DoubleEditBox does not handle '.' of the numeric pad correctly

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Valéry Sablonnière - Staubli
Version: 18.1.0670
Platform: .NET 4.6
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We were using the Legacy.Editors of the version 17.2.661, with a DoubleEditBox, if we pressed the '.' of the numeric pad, this character was replaced by a comma with the french language for example, I think that the CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat.NumberDecimalSeparator was taken in account.

Now with the Editors of the version 18.1.670, we lost this behavior.

1. Do you have a workaround ?

2. Can you fix this for your next release ?

Best regards,

Comments (1)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

In the older Editors, we had a custom TextBox control that was used as the input area of the edit box.  While that did allow some nice customization as far as being able to alter some input and inject other custom elements, it was a "heavy" design in general.  We wanted to go with a more lightweight design that didn't use as much memory/resources when we rebuilt the newer Editors.  The newer ones are based on the standard TextBox control as the primary input area of the edit box.  With the newer design, as you commit a value (losing focus, pressing Enter, etc.), it should be using localized parsing to determine the number.  

While I wouldn't expect a keyboard key's input text to be converted in the newer edit boxes, I would expect the resulting text value to convert to a number ok on commit.  Do you see that happening, or is there even a problem with the commit conversion?  If there is a problem, please tell us step-by-step what you see.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.