Few suggestions

Shell for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Miguel A.
  • Mouse selection via click and drag would be great. as of now multiple item selection can only be done with holding down a key
  • Drag and drop support (i.e. dragging a file out of it and place it somewhere in the windows explorer)
  • Detect current folder changes and automatically refresh or add an event which will be raised then

Comments (3)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for the suggestions.  I've marked down the first two.  For the third, it should already be watching folders for changes and updating itself.  Are you able to reproduce this in one of our samples?  If so, please tell us how.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Miguel A.

Yes I am able to reproduce in your demo application. Right click on a file on desktop and zip the file (in my case I choose "Add to RAR" because I got Winrar installed). It then creates the archive but the shell control doesn't show it up.

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for reporting this.  It turns out that file creation through that mechanism notified our internal watcher in a different way.  We have updated things for the next build so that this can be caught and the user interface can refresh properly.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.